Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Thu February 4, 2010
Mushroom Friend Sentenced
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – The friend who provided hallucinogenic mushrooms to Caleb Barnett prior to his fatal shooting was sentenced to two and a half years in prison. McCracken Circuit Judge Craig Clymer yesterday sentenced 20-year-old Taylor Thompson, saying it was necessary to send a message to young people about the serious consequences of using alcohol and drugs. The Paducah Sun reports 18-year-old Barnett died after he was fatally shot while hallucinating and breaking into a home he thought was his own.