Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu February 4, 2010
Mushroom Friend Sentenced
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – The friend who provided hallucinogenic mushrooms to Caleb Barnett prior to his fatal shooting was sentenced to two and a half years in prison. McCracken Circuit Judge Craig Clymer yesterday sentenced 20-year-old Taylor Thompson, saying it was necessary to send a message to young people about the serious consequences of using alcohol and drugs. The Paducah Sun reports 18-year-old Barnett died after he was fatally shot while hallucinating and breaking into a home he thought was his own.