Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu February 4, 2010
Mushroom Friend Sentenced
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – The friend who provided hallucinogenic mushrooms to Caleb Barnett prior to his fatal shooting was sentenced to two and a half years in prison. McCracken Circuit Judge Craig Clymer yesterday sentenced 20-year-old Taylor Thompson, saying it was necessary to send a message to young people about the serious consequences of using alcohol and drugs. The Paducah Sun reports 18-year-old Barnett died after he was fatally shot while hallucinating and breaking into a home he thought was his own.