Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- IL State Workers Worried Over Pension Debate
Fri August 31, 2012
Murray's Playhouse in the Park presents "Big River"
Based on the novel The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, the musical “Big River” follows the story of Huck after he leaves his home in Missouri and takes on the Mississippi River in flatboat with a new companion- an escaped slave name Jim. “Big River” shows at Murray’s Playhouse in the Park weekends through September 16th. Rose Krzton-Presson sat down with director Lisa Cope and Michael Martin-who plays the character of Jim to talk about the play’s themes of race, freedom, and morals.
"Big River" will run every weekend through September 16th. For tickets, call 270-759-1752.
- Fridays - 7:00pm
- Saturdays - 7:00pm
- Sudnays - 2:30pm