Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Fri August 31, 2012
Murray's Playhouse in the Park presents "Big River"
Based on the novel The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, the musical “Big River” follows the story of Huck after he leaves his home in Missouri and takes on the Mississippi River in flatboat with a new companion- an escaped slave name Jim. “Big River” shows at Murray’s Playhouse in the Park weekends through September 16th. Rose Krzton-Presson sat down with director Lisa Cope and Michael Martin-who plays the character of Jim to talk about the play’s themes of race, freedom, and morals.
"Big River" will run every weekend through September 16th. For tickets, call 270-759-1752.
- Fridays - 7:00pm
- Saturdays - 7:00pm
- Sudnays - 2:30pm