Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon March 12, 2012
Murray Wet-Dry Vote Date Set
Murray will hold a local option election in July to decide whether or not to allow packaged alcohol sales within the city limits. County Judge Executive Larry Elkins says the election is scheduled for July 17th. He says the election would normally be between 60 and 90 days from the petition’s certification date, but the date had to be pushed back due to the May 22nd presidential primary. Only registered voters within the city limits of Murray are allowed to participate in the election. The group Grow Murray’s petition was certified last week by County Clerk Ray Coursey Jr.