Most Active Stories
- Significant Accumulations of Snow and Ice Today, Travel Discouraged
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Fri June 5, 2009
Murray State's "academic visionary" visits campus
By Kate Lochte
Murray, KY – Dr. Constantine Curris served as president of Murray State for ten years, so there were many old friends in the audience when the educator delivered a keynote address during the national Town and Gown conference hosted by the City of Murray and the University this week. He gets back to the region regularly as a member of the board of directors for Computer Services Inc. of Paducah. Heralded by today's MSU leadership as a visionary in fostering Murray's tradition of academic excellence, Dr. Curris' legacy at Murray state includes his name gracing the University's student center, and his wife Jo Curris, a tax attorney, being among founders of Murray's Playhouse in the Park during his tenure as president. Dr. Curris, Deno to his friends, spoke with Kate Lochte during his visit.
Dr. Constantine Curris is executive director of the American Association of State Colleges and Universities based in Washington, D.C. He and his wife Jo maintain their ties to our region and enjoy visiting the lakes from time to time as he maintains ties with Murray State University administration and regional business associations. See for more information about the work in education that Dr. Curris continues.