Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon October 5, 2009
Murray State Wins Fishing Tournament
By Angela Hatton
Murray, KY – The Murray State University Bass Fishing Club has won the National Guard FLW College Fishing Central Division Tournament. The event was this past weekend on Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri. Team members Kalem Tippett of Hanson and Steve Miller of Murray scored a 10,000 dollars prize that will be split between the university and the bass-fishing club. The Central Regional Championship is October 31 - November 2 on Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.