Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Mon February 13, 2012
Murray State Versus Austin Peay
MurrayState’s men’s basketball team rebounded quickly from its first loss of the season, handing Austin Peay the most lopsided loss in the rivalry’s history this weekend. The Racers led by as many as 28 in the 82-63 victory. They led 37-24 at the half, after a heated exchange led to technical fouls for MSU’s Head Coach Steve Prohm, junior Latreze Mushatt and Austin Peay’s Herdie Lawrence.
“I think it was way, way overblown. We’ve had some bad situations in college basketball, and it’s a coach’s job to make sure that everybody does right. That was what I went to do. Got T’d up for it.”
Prohm says the situation quickly came back under control, and players and coaches shook hands as tempers cooled. Murray State out rebounded the Governors 33-22 in an effort to get their season back on track. The Racers are headed into one of the toughest weeks of their season, going on the road to Southeast Missouri State before facing off against number 16 St. Mary’s at home.