Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Mon June 1, 2009
Murray State University Hosts National Town and Gown Conference
By Chris Taylor
Murray, KY – Murray State University, along with the city of Murray, begins hosting more than two hundred representatives from universities and communities from around the country today for the fourth annual national Town and Gown Conference. The four-day event is held in MSU's Curris Center and focuses on the best practices in building relations between universities and the cities that host them.
Former MSU President Dr. Deno Curris is the keynote speaker for the event Wednesday. Curris currently serves as president of the American Association of State Colleges and Universities in Washington, D.C.