Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
Mon June 1, 2009
Murray State University Hosts National Town and Gown Conference
By Chris Taylor
Murray, KY – Murray State University, along with the city of Murray, begins hosting more than two hundred representatives from universities and communities from around the country today for the fourth annual national Town and Gown Conference. The four-day event is held in MSU's Curris Center and focuses on the best practices in building relations between universities and the cities that host them.
Former MSU President Dr. Deno Curris is the keynote speaker for the event Wednesday. Curris currently serves as president of the American Association of State Colleges and Universities in Washington, D.C.