Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Mon June 1, 2009
Murray State University Hosts National Town and Gown Conference
By Chris Taylor
Murray, KY – Murray State University, along with the city of Murray, begins hosting more than two hundred representatives from universities and communities from around the country today for the fourth annual national Town and Gown Conference. The four-day event is held in MSU's Curris Center and focuses on the best practices in building relations between universities and the cities that host them.
Former MSU President Dr. Deno Curris is the keynote speaker for the event Wednesday. Curris currently serves as president of the American Association of State Colleges and Universities in Washington, D.C.