Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon June 1, 2009
Murray State University Hosts National Town and Gown Conference
By Chris Taylor
Murray, KY – Murray State University, along with the city of Murray, begins hosting more than two hundred representatives from universities and communities from around the country today for the fourth annual national Town and Gown Conference. The four-day event is held in MSU's Curris Center and focuses on the best practices in building relations between universities and the cities that host them.
Former MSU President Dr. Deno Curris is the keynote speaker for the event Wednesday. Curris currently serves as president of the American Association of State Colleges and Universities in Washington, D.C.