Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
Sun April 7, 2013
Murray State Student Dies in Car Crash
A Murray State University student died this weekend in a car crash south of Murray on U.S. Highway 641. The Kentucky State Police reported Daniel Milam, 24, of Memphis, TN was pronounced dead at the scene just after 3:00 on Saturday. Troopers are still investigating the cause of the single vehicle accident.
Milam is the second Murray State student to die in a vehicle crash since January. Shelby Theiss,20 of Louisville died in a collision with a tractor trailer on a bridge east of Murray.