Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Fri May 11, 2012
Murray State Set to Open New Basketball Facility Next Year
On the heels of the Racers’ NCAA tournament showing, Murray State University is set to open a new, $4 million basketball-only facility in January. The 20,000-square-foot building will include a basketball court, coaching offices, lobby space and a hall of fame.
Athletic Director Allen Ward tells The Paducah Sun the building will "take the program to another level" by giving men's and women's basketball players continuous access to training equipment. The university collaborated with Community Financial Services Bank and many private donors to pull together enough money to finish a hall of fame space attached to the practice building. Ward says naming rights played a pivotal role in securing the final funding amounts. The university has not yet released who purchased the naming rights.