Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Fri May 11, 2012
Murray State Set to Open New Basketball Facility Next Year
On the heels of the Racers’ NCAA tournament showing, Murray State University is set to open a new, $4 million basketball-only facility in January. The 20,000-square-foot building will include a basketball court, coaching offices, lobby space and a hall of fame.
Athletic Director Allen Ward tells The Paducah Sun the building will "take the program to another level" by giving men's and women's basketball players continuous access to training equipment. The university collaborated with Community Financial Services Bank and many private donors to pull together enough money to finish a hall of fame space attached to the practice building. Ward says naming rights played a pivotal role in securing the final funding amounts. The university has not yet released who purchased the naming rights.