Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Fri November 15, 2013
Murray State Releases Preliminary Budget Recommendations
Murray State University Interim President Tim Miller has released preliminary recommendations for consideration in the 2014-15 fiscal budgeting process.
The 48 proposals are the product of MSU’s three budget task force subcommittees. The subcommittees began work in September, after the university encountered almost $2 million in state pension obligations and a 700,000-dollar health insurance increase.
In all, Miller is seeking to cut somewhere between $2 and $3 million. Some of the recommendations include eliminating a vice presidential position, consolidating an academic college, and increasing parking tag fees.
Miller will meet with other university leaders and vice presidents before a final set of recommendations are presented to the Board of Regents.