Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri November 15, 2013
Murray State Releases Preliminary Budget Recommendations
Murray State University Interim President Tim Miller has released preliminary recommendations for consideration in the 2014-15 fiscal budgeting process.
The 48 proposals are the product of MSU’s three budget task force subcommittees. The subcommittees began work in September, after the university encountered almost $2 million in state pension obligations and a 700,000-dollar health insurance increase.
In all, Miller is seeking to cut somewhere between $2 and $3 million. Some of the recommendations include eliminating a vice presidential position, consolidating an academic college, and increasing parking tag fees.
Miller will meet with other university leaders and vice presidents before a final set of recommendations are presented to the Board of Regents.