Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Fri November 15, 2013
Murray State Releases Preliminary Budget Recommendations
Murray State University Interim President Tim Miller has released preliminary recommendations for consideration in the 2014-15 fiscal budgeting process.
The 48 proposals are the product of MSU’s three budget task force subcommittees. The subcommittees began work in September, after the university encountered almost $2 million in state pension obligations and a 700,000-dollar health insurance increase.
In all, Miller is seeking to cut somewhere between $2 and $3 million. Some of the recommendations include eliminating a vice presidential position, consolidating an academic college, and increasing parking tag fees.
Miller will meet with other university leaders and vice presidents before a final set of recommendations are presented to the Board of Regents.