Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri November 15, 2013
Murray State Releases Preliminary Budget Recommendations
Murray State University Interim President Tim Miller has released preliminary recommendations for consideration in the 2014-15 fiscal budgeting process.
The 48 proposals are the product of MSU’s three budget task force subcommittees. The subcommittees began work in September, after the university encountered almost $2 million in state pension obligations and a 700,000-dollar health insurance increase.
In all, Miller is seeking to cut somewhere between $2 and $3 million. Some of the recommendations include eliminating a vice presidential position, consolidating an academic college, and increasing parking tag fees.
Miller will meet with other university leaders and vice presidents before a final set of recommendations are presented to the Board of Regents.