Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue August 12, 2014
Murray State Professor Takes Plea in Case Involving Student
Murray State University Assistant Professor Brian Ciach pled guilty this morning to misdemeanor disorderly conduct charges after facing accusations of abusing a former Murray State Student with whom he had a relationship.
The guilty plea is to a lesser charge the 36 year-old faced the night of his arrest June 29th. The Calloway County Circuit Clerk’s office says the court dismissed a drug charge because Ciach’s drug test was clean.
The court ordered Ciach to pay restitution and sentenced him to 30 days conditional discharge. If Ciach contacts the victim or is found with drugs within the next year he will be jailed for 30 days.
Ciach will not be teaching courses at MSU this fall. It is unclear if his relationship with a former student violated any Murray State policies.