Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Fri March 1, 2013
Murray State News Files Complaint Against Board of Regents
The Murray State News has filed an inquiry complaint with the Kentucky Attorney General against the university’s Board of Regents. The student newspaper is seeking the A-G's opinion on the board’s intent to hold a closed door meeting to discuss whether or not to renew university President Randy Dunn's contract.
The News says the situation is similar to a complaint a Kentucky newspaper filed in late 2010, in which the A-G ruled contract negotiations not involving the dismissal or hiring of an employee should be open to the public. The News filed the complaint Monday. The attorney general has 10 business days to respond in writing. Unofficial Board meeting minutes indicate the committee's plans to meet in closed session on March 15th. The Board must act on Dunn’s contract by June 30. The president’s current contract ends in June 2014.