Most Active Stories
- [Update] Who's Bringing the Beer: Owensboro Caught in Dispute
- (Developing - School/Business Closings) A Moderate Risk For Severe Weather As Storms March Northeast
- Kentucky's Bourbon Industry Booming
- Listen Monday to Live Coverage of KET's Grimes/McConnell Debate
- Here's What Alison Grimes and Mitch McConnell Discussed in KET's Debate
Wed May 7, 2014
Murray State Graduation Day will Include a University First
This Saturday (May 10) is graduation day at Murray State, and will include the first five doctoral degrees to be awarded in the university's 92 year history. Commencement begins at 10 a.m. and can be streamed live at Murray State's website. Murray State Associate Provost Renae Duncan visits Sounds Good with all the details.
"Our DNP--Doctorate of Nurse Practioners--will have their first graduates this year and the ceremony that goes with becoming a doctor is really kind of cool, in a nerdy kind of way... When they go onto the stage, their professors will give them a hood--but not just give them a hood--they will actually place the hood over the nurse's head, drape it across their shoulders, and that signifies that they now have earned that doctorate."