Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Thu September 12, 2013
Murray State Economist Joins Kentucky Consensus Forecasting Group
A non-partisan team of seven economists from across the state, The Kentucky Consensus Forecasting Group, works up projections used for state budget development and long-range planning by the Governor and the Kentucky legislature. Murray State Distinguished Professor of Economics in the Arthur J. Bauerfeind College of Business, Dr. Jim McCoy has begun work with the Group and we learn more about this, with Kate Lochte.
Murray State Distinguished Professor of Economics in the Arthur J. Bauerfeind College of Business, Dr. Jim McCoy has joined the Kentucky Consensus Forecasting Group and is the first Murray State scholar to be invited to do so. The Group was established by law in 1994 to develop national and state economic performance and state revenue forecasts for the leadership of the Kentucky Legislature and the Governor.