Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Mon September 2, 2013
Murray State Basketball Legend Crittenden Dies
Kentucky basketball legend and Murray State Alumnus Howard “Howie” Crittenden died Friday. He was 80. Crittenden played on the 1952 Cuba High School state championship team. He also held Murray State’s scoring record for 33 years. His number 19 jersey hangs from the rafters of the CFSB center. Crittenden served as principal at Henderson County high School for 21 years, and later as principal for Calloway County. He was a commissioned Lieutenant in the United States Army Reserve and served on active duty for a year at Fort Chaffee, Ark. Crittenden’s funeral is tomorrow at 2p.m. in Murray’s First United Methodist Church. Visitation begins at 10 a.m.
The family requests that memorial donations be made to the Murray State Foundation for the Howie Crittenden Racer Basketball Scholarship and mailed to Murray State University, 106 Development Way, Murray, Kentucky 42071.
Online condolences can be left at www.thejhchurchillfuneralhome.com