Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu July 17, 2014
Murray State and Centre Propose Senate Debates
Murray State and Centre College have added their names to a list of hopeful Kentucky U.S. Senate Debate hosts.
Senator Mitch McConnell and his opponent Allison Lundergan Grimes both agree they should debate but they have yet to agree on a number of debates or locations. MSU Student Government’s Daniel Hughes and Michael Dobbs cited the region’s economic needs, and distance from the state’s central metropolitan area in their appeal to the candidates. Centre President John Roush has proposed to host a debate with AARP and a media partner at the college’s Norton Center for the Arts. Neither school has received a commitment. The University of Kentucky is also seeking to host a Senatorial Debate.