Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Tue July 22, 2014
Murray State and Austin Peay: Great Colleges to Work For
Two area universities are featured in The Chronicle of Higher Education’s list of 2014 “Great Colleges to Work For.” Murray State University is on the list for the fifth time and Austin Peay State University for the third.
Murray State is recognized for excellence in the Teaching Environment category. Austin Peay is on the list’s “honor role,” receiving recognition for Collaborative Governance, Confidence in Senior Leadership, Diversity, Facilities Workspace & Security, Professional/Career Development Programs, Respect and Appreciation, Supervisor or Department-Chair Relationship, Teaching Environment, and Tenure Clarity and Process.
Results are based on survey returns from more than 43,000 employees at 278 colleges and universities. Only 92 of those 278 schools achieved “Great Colleges to Work For” recognition for specific best practices and policies.
The Great Colleges survey included a two-part assessment process — the survey administered to faculty, administrators and professional support staff and an institutional audit that captured demographics and workplace policies and practices from each institution. The primary factor in deciding whether an institution received Great College to Work For recognition was the employee feedback.