Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Mon March 24, 2014
Murray Relay For Life: New Time, New Location
The Relay for Life is an opportunity to unite as a community to honor cancer survivors, raise awareness about what one can do to reduce cancer risk, and to raise money for the American Cancer Society. Murray's Relay for Life Publicity Chair, Betsy Whitfield, visits Sounds Good to tell us about a new time for this year's event: April 18 and 19, and a new location: The Expo Center on College Farm Road.
"I would love to see it get back up to around 40 or 45 teams, but, as of right now, we have roughly 30 teams registered and I'm not certain on the number of survivors that have been contacted, but I want to say that Tiffany has been in contact with probably 300-400 survivors in the community. We also honor the survivors on the night of Relay with the survivor's lap and presenting them with their medals, calling their names out and that first lap is for the survivors, because that's why we're all out there."