Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Tue August 18, 2009
Murray Recognized as Playful City
By Angela Hatton
Murray, KY – Murray has been recognized as a "Playful City" for the second year in a row. A nonprofit organization, "Ka-boom," hands down the playful cities USA title each year. The organization promotes safe play spaces and walkways for children. Champions of Play Commission chair Pat Harrington says the goal is to have a play-space within walking distance for all local children. Murray is the only Kentucky community to receive the recognition.