Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Mon February 18, 2013
Murray Receives Most of FEMA Reimbursements
The city of Murray has received most of its federal reimbursements from remnants of 2008's hurricane IKE, 2009's ice storm and a severe wind storm in 2011 .
The Murray Ledger and Times reports The Federal Emergency Management Agency has sent more than $362,000 to the city.
The payments reimburse the city for debris removal and emergency services. Murray Finance Director Alan Lanier says FEMA still owes the city $35,000. FEMA officials plan an inspection in the coming months before the agency will issue the final check.