Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30th
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
- TN Police Officer: Open Carry Gun Bill Hurts All of Us
Mon February 18, 2013
Murray Receives Most of FEMA Reimbursements
The city of Murray has received most of its federal reimbursements from remnants of 2008's hurricane IKE, 2009's ice storm and a severe wind storm in 2011 .
The Murray Ledger and Times reports The Federal Emergency Management Agency has sent more than $362,000 to the city.
The payments reimburse the city for debris removal and emergency services. Murray Finance Director Alan Lanier says FEMA still owes the city $35,000. FEMA officials plan an inspection in the coming months before the agency will issue the final check.