Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Upcoming State Budget Deficit Could Exceed $400 million
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
Mon February 18, 2013
Murray Receives Most of FEMA Reimbursements
The city of Murray has received most of its federal reimbursements from remnants of 2008's hurricane IKE, 2009's ice storm and a severe wind storm in 2011 .
The Murray Ledger and Times reports The Federal Emergency Management Agency has sent more than $362,000 to the city.
The payments reimburse the city for debris removal and emergency services. Murray Finance Director Alan Lanier says FEMA still owes the city $35,000. FEMA officials plan an inspection in the coming months before the agency will issue the final check.