Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Tue September 8, 2009
Murray Power Outage
By Angie Hatton
Murray, KY – At 9:45 this morning the city of Murray, Murray State University and the surrounding county experienced a major power outage. The outage lasted about forty-five minutes. According to reports, southern Marshall County was also out. A Paducah power spokesperson noticed a dip in the power on their Tennessee Valley Authority monitoring line. TVA says they are still working to determine the cause of the outage. Meanwhile, in order to restore power, they have rerouted power from other lines to parts of each county.