Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Mon November 11, 2013
Murray Native Serves Aboard the USS Washington
For this Veteran's Day "Sounds Good" Kate Lochte speaks with a Navy man on active duty in the South China Sea, Dakota Holland. He's the son of Rachel Tubbs and David Holland of Murray. The Navy Office of Community Outreach in Millington, Tennessee set up this conversation with Petty Officer Holland, now serving aboard the USS George Washington, a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier home ported in Yokosuka, Japan. The carrier and its airwing provide a combat-ready force that protects and defends the collective maritime interest of the US and its allies and partners in the Indo-Asia-Pacific region. Holland graduated from Calloway County High in 2011.
Petty Officer Dakota Holland is an Aviation Ordinanceman serving in the U.S. Navy aboard the USS George Washington in the South China Sea. He's the son of Rachel Tubbs and David Holland of Murray.
Thanks to all of you military veterans for serving our nation.