Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Baptists Take Credit for Failure of Medical Marijuana Bills
- Murray State Renews Steve Prohm's Contract Through 2020
- Former Murray High Assistant Coach Pleads Guilty to Rape Cases
- Battle of the Bands 2015: Congratulations BIG ATOMIC!
- Study: Calloway, Lyon Counties Among the Healthiest in Kentucky
Mon November 11, 2013
Murray Native Serves Aboard the USS Washington
For this Veteran's Day "Sounds Good" Kate Lochte speaks with a Navy man on active duty in the South China Sea, Dakota Holland. He's the son of Rachel Tubbs and David Holland of Murray. The Navy Office of Community Outreach in Millington, Tennessee set up this conversation with Petty Officer Holland, now serving aboard the USS George Washington, a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier home ported in Yokosuka, Japan. The carrier and its airwing provide a combat-ready force that protects and defends the collective maritime interest of the US and its allies and partners in the Indo-Asia-Pacific region. Holland graduated from Calloway County High in 2011.
Petty Officer Dakota Holland is an Aviation Ordinanceman serving in the U.S. Navy aboard the USS George Washington in the South China Sea. He's the son of Rachel Tubbs and David Holland of Murray.
Thanks to all of you military veterans for serving our nation.