Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Fri January 31, 2014
Murray Named Best Place to Live in Kentucky
A real estate blog has named Murray as the best place to live in Kentucky, citing its low unemployment rate and low cost of living among other factors for its appeal.
Movoto found Murray has one of the states lowest unemployment rates at 7.2 percent. Kentucky's average rate last year was 8.4 percent. The small town also scored 79 for cost of living, with the nation's average at 100.
The weather's nice in the area too. The blog found Murray has a mild climate with average summer temperatures at 76 degrees.
Murray does have some of the highest priced real estate though, with a median home value of $169,800 and rent averaging at $834 per month.
Other western Kentucky places that made the list include Fort Campbell, Madisonville, Henderson and Owensboro.
These Are The 10 Best Places In Kentucky By Movoto Real Estate