Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri January 31, 2014
Murray Named Best Place to Live in Kentucky
A real estate blog has named Murray as the best place to live in Kentucky, citing its low unemployment rate and low cost of living among other factors for its appeal.
Movoto found Murray has one of the states lowest unemployment rates at 7.2 percent. Kentucky's average rate last year was 8.4 percent. The small town also scored 79 for cost of living, with the nation's average at 100.
The weather's nice in the area too. The blog found Murray has a mild climate with average summer temperatures at 76 degrees.
Murray does have some of the highest priced real estate though, with a median home value of $169,800 and rent averaging at $834 per month.
Other western Kentucky places that made the list include Fort Campbell, Madisonville, Henderson and Owensboro.
These Are The 10 Best Places In Kentucky By Movoto Real Estate