Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri July 20, 2012
Murray Movie Theater Owner Plans No Changes After Colorado Shooting
A Murray movie theater owner said he will not make any changes to his security policies following last night’s deadly shooting in a theater in Aurora, Colo. Cheri Theatres owner and manager John Hopkins said he does not think movie theaters are more vulnerable to gunmen than any other location where shooters have opened fire.
He said there is no way he could hire enough security to protect every seat, and trying to do so would only cause panic. Hopkins also said he does not plan to prevent movie goers from wearing costumes or search people going to the movies. He said his theater has alarms on the emergency exit doors that sound when people try to sneak in or out of a movie, and staff monitors those areas.