Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri July 20, 2012
Murray Movie Theater Owner Plans No Changes After Colorado Shooting
A Murray movie theater owner said he will not make any changes to his security policies following last night’s deadly shooting in a theater in Aurora, Colo. Cheri Theatres owner and manager John Hopkins said he does not think movie theaters are more vulnerable to gunmen than any other location where shooters have opened fire.
He said there is no way he could hire enough security to protect every seat, and trying to do so would only cause panic. Hopkins also said he does not plan to prevent movie goers from wearing costumes or search people going to the movies. He said his theater has alarms on the emergency exit doors that sound when people try to sneak in or out of a movie, and staff monitors those areas.