Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Fri July 20, 2012
Murray Movie Theater Owner Plans No Changes After Colorado Shooting
A Murray movie theater owner said he will not make any changes to his security policies following last night’s deadly shooting in a theater in Aurora, Colo. Cheri Theatres owner and manager John Hopkins said he does not think movie theaters are more vulnerable to gunmen than any other location where shooters have opened fire.
He said there is no way he could hire enough security to protect every seat, and trying to do so would only cause panic. Hopkins also said he does not plan to prevent movie goers from wearing costumes or search people going to the movies. He said his theater has alarms on the emergency exit doors that sound when people try to sneak in or out of a movie, and staff monitors those areas.