Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Hopkinsville HS Students Allege Discrimination Over LGBT Related Yearbook Quote
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
Mon April 28, 2014
Murray Middle Schoolers Head to Odyssey of the Mind World Competition
Odyssey of the Mind is an international educational program that provides creative problem-solving opportunities for students from kindergarten through college. Thousands of teams from throughout the U.S. and from about 25 other countries participate in the program. Murray Middle Schoolers are with us to talk about their project called "Seeing Is Believing" that is taking them to world competition.
Murray Middle School's Odyssey of the Mind team includes Kyra Shutt, Mary Browder Howell, Apirada Chetawatee, Skylar Swartz, Emily McLeod, and Caroline Kim. The team, coached by Skylar's dad Kevin Swartz, placed second at the State Tournament for Odyssey of the Mind on March 29th at Eastern Kentucky University. They have qualified to be among the 800 teams competing at the World Finals Tournament at Iowa State University on May 28th.