Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Mon March 11, 2013
Murray Human Rights Commission Hosts Town Hall Forum on Bullying
Last fall, the Murray Human Rights Commission decided to focus on updating its 35 year old human rights ordinance and address the ongoing issue of bullying. In January, the commission launched the Murray Bully Free Community Education Campaign. Last month the commission held a public meeting featuring a variety of community leaders to promote bullying awareness.
Tonight at 7:00 p.m. the commission continues the campaign work with a town hall style forum at the Murray Middle School Cafeteria. The town hall will feature bullying expert Dr. Allan Beane, and breakout sessions for citizens to discuss action plans to attempt to reduce bullying in the Murray and Calloway County.
On March 26th Murray's HRC features a free showing of the documentary "Bully" at Murray's Cheri Theater. The theater will show the film at 4:30 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. Tickets are available at city hall prior to the 26th, and at the Cheri Theatre on the 26th.