Most Active Stories
- Murray State Pitcher's Impossibly High Leg Kick Goes Viral
- School and Winter-Related Closings: Wednesday, March 4 (Murray State University Closed)
- UPDATE: Winter Storm Warning In Effect, Landslides and Flooding Reported
- I-24: All Lanes Open, Traffic Moving After 14-Hour Closure
- School and Winter-Related Closings: Friday, March 6 (Murray State University Closed)
Mon March 11, 2013
Murray Human Rights Commission Hosts Town Hall Forum on Bullying
Last fall, the Murray Human Rights Commission decided to focus on updating its 35 year old human rights ordinance and address the ongoing issue of bullying. In January, the commission launched the Murray Bully Free Community Education Campaign. Last month the commission held a public meeting featuring a variety of community leaders to promote bullying awareness.
Tonight at 7:00 p.m. the commission continues the campaign work with a town hall style forum at the Murray Middle School Cafeteria. The town hall will feature bullying expert Dr. Allan Beane, and breakout sessions for citizens to discuss action plans to attempt to reduce bullying in the Murray and Calloway County.
On March 26th Murray's HRC features a free showing of the documentary "Bully" at Murray's Cheri Theater. The theater will show the film at 4:30 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. Tickets are available at city hall prior to the 26th, and at the Cheri Theatre on the 26th.