Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
- Mid-Continent University "Doing Everything They Can To Stay Open"
Fri June 28, 2013
Murray City Council Fills Councilman Seat
The Murray City Council is no longer a councilman short. The council named Mike Faihst interim councilman Thursday night. Faihst will replace Murray State University Provost Jay Morgan, who resigned earlier this month. The council’s ad-hoc committee recommended him after a screening meeting Tuesday. Faihst was a member of the Board of Zoning Adjustments and will serve the remainder of Morgan’s term, which ends in 2014.
He says he’s honored to serve the city in this capacity and hopes he can bring special attention to areas he thinks merit improvements.
“I’d like to see an improvement in the park," he said. "I think the park to me is one of the better parts of the city that we have. I’d just like to see it be able to grow.”
Faihst ran for City Council twice in 2010 and 2012. Despite those losses, he says he’s happy to serve in the interim spot for now. He will be formally sworn in by the mayor on July 11 in the council chambers.