Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Tue February 21, 2012
Murray-Calloway County United Way Reaches Goal
The Murray-Calloway County United Way Chapter has reached its annual fundraising goal. Chapter Executive Director Aaron Dail says as of yesterday, United Way pledges are at over $331,000 dollars, more than $41,000 dollars over the goal. Dail says the 2011 campaign involved more than 40 businesses and 72 employee volunteers coordinating with their respective companies. The organization also received the largest donation in its history in this campaign, $140,000 dollars from Chuck and Sarah Jones of Murray.