Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Thu August 15, 2013
Murray-Calloway County United Way Chooses Interim Director
The Murray-Calloway County United Way board of directors has named Amy Gannon as its new interim campaign and project director.
Board Chair Tina Bernot says Gannon accepted the offer immediately starts Monday. Her duties include working with staff, volunteers and local businesses on the upcoming fall fundraiser.
Gannon has worked as a United Way volunteer and committee member, including work on the 2007 Dream Home Giveaway. Bernot says Gannon has also worked for the Forever Communications Group and Froggy FM for 10 years in addition to Murray Life Magazine.
Bernot says the United Way will advertise for a permanent director starting next week and will accept applications through Sept. 16. She says the non-profit should have a new director by mid-November. Current Executive Director, Aaron Dail is leaving his position to be the Murray Calloway County Chamber of Commerce President.