Most Active Stories
- Kentuckians Can Get Protection From Four Flu Strains This Fall
- Community Leaders Call for Paducah Power Board Chairman to Resign
- Paducah Power Board Chair Steps Down as Chairman, Member
- Paducah Power System Board May Have "Unintentionally" Violated Open Meetings Law
- Paducah Power Chairman Says He Would Step Down Only If Board Asks Him
Fri August 3, 2012
Murray-Calloway Chamber Among Chamber of the Year Award Recipients
Murray Calloway County's Chamber of Commerce is the best in nation in its category according to the American Chamber of Commerce Executives. Murray-Calloway Chamber beat out the Anderson Area Chamber of Commerce in Anderson, South Carolina, for the $500,000 revenue and under category.
Last year’s winner was the Laurinburg/Scotland County Chamber of Commerce in North Carolina. The ACCE presents the award to four chambers each year at its annual convention, held this year in Louisville. Chamber president/CEO Lance Allison said ACCE bases the award on a review of a chamber’s internal processes, revenue, membership retention and community involvement.