Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- MSU President Talks Tobacco Ban, University Marketing Shifts
Fri August 3, 2012
Murray-Calloway Chamber Among Chamber of the Year Award Recipients
Murray Calloway County's Chamber of Commerce is the best in nation in its category according to the American Chamber of Commerce Executives. Murray-Calloway Chamber beat out the Anderson Area Chamber of Commerce in Anderson, South Carolina, for the $500,000 revenue and under category.
Last year’s winner was the Laurinburg/Scotland County Chamber of Commerce in North Carolina. The ACCE presents the award to four chambers each year at its annual convention, held this year in Louisville. Chamber president/CEO Lance Allison said ACCE bases the award on a review of a chamber’s internal processes, revenue, membership retention and community involvement.