Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Thu August 14, 2014
Murray Artist Featured on Kentucky Arts Council Website
The Kentucky Arts Council features Murray artist Eva King on its website for the month of August. Eva King cites American artists Ellis Wilson, Jacob Lawrence and Jonathan Green her influences. She has painted local scenes for years, inspired by the countryside through which she enjoys running, but has recently turned to a new medium: cut paper. Kate Lochte speaks with King on Sounds Good.
Murray artist Eva King found her medium of choice - cut paper - about four years ago. Her paintings and her paper appliques are true to each other and our region, offering glimpses at crops, people working them and loved ones with straightforward sensitivity. The Murray Art Guild's Art Market Co-Op at 500 North Fourth Street is open Tuesday through Friday from 10 to 5:30 and Saturday from 10 to 2.
Eva King, Kentucky Arts Council's Featured Artist for August 2014: