Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Tue May 15, 2012
Murray Alcohol Forum
The City of Murray will host a forum next month on the upcoming packaged alcohol vote for the city. City Administrator Matt Mattingly says they invited a Kentucky Alcoholic Beverage Control representative to come to the forum.
He says the ABC spokesman will give a presentation of the legalities of the vote and answer questions from residents. Mattingly says the forum won’t be a place for people to debate the vote.
“I don’t think, necessarily, this is the platform to give reasons why they’re for or against. This is more questions they may ask if they are wanting to know exactly what they’re voting on. And if it passes, what will happen; if it fails, what will happen?”
Mattingly says the forum will be June 7th at Murray State’s Wrather Museum at 5pm. The alcohol vote is scheduled for July 17th.