Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon December 7, 2009
Mullen Speaks to Soldier Assembly
By Angela Hatton
Fort Campbell, KY – The chairman of the U. S. Joint Chiefs of Staff spoke to soldiers at Fort Campbell this morning. Admiral Mike Mullen told troops more casualties are expected with next year's increased presence in Afghanistan. Mullen says the initial casualties are necessary to insure more soldiers won't die in the future. The Kentucky New Era reports he also praised the fighting forces, calling them the best ever assembled. Mullen followed his speech with a forty minute question and answer session. The admiral last visited Fort Campbell February 19.