Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon December 7, 2009
Mullen Speaks to Soldier Assembly
By Angela Hatton
Fort Campbell, KY – The chairman of the U. S. Joint Chiefs of Staff spoke to soldiers at Fort Campbell this morning. Admiral Mike Mullen told troops more casualties are expected with next year's increased presence in Afghanistan. Mullen says the initial casualties are necessary to insure more soldiers won't die in the future. The Kentucky New Era reports he also praised the fighting forces, calling them the best ever assembled. Mullen followed his speech with a forty minute question and answer session. The admiral last visited Fort Campbell February 19.