Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Mon December 7, 2009
Mullen to Discuss Afghan Strategy with Ft. Campbell Troops
Fort Campbell, KY – Many Fort Campbell soldiers have been expecting to head to Afghanistan next year, so the recent call for a troop buildup there could provide confirmation before the holidays.
Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Admiral Mike Mullen will discuss the new strategy for Afghanistan during a visit to the post today.
Three brigades already have orders to go, but other units have been waiting to hear their next destination. President Barack Obama last week said he wanted to send 30,000 more troops to train Afghan security forces with a goal to begin withdrawing troops in July 2011.