Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- MSU President Talks Tobacco Ban, University Marketing Shifts
Mon December 7, 2009
Mullen to Discuss Afghan Strategy with Ft. Campbell Troops
Fort Campbell, KY – Many Fort Campbell soldiers have been expecting to head to Afghanistan next year, so the recent call for a troop buildup there could provide confirmation before the holidays.
Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Admiral Mike Mullen will discuss the new strategy for Afghanistan during a visit to the post today.
Three brigades already have orders to go, but other units have been waiting to hear their next destination. President Barack Obama last week said he wanted to send 30,000 more troops to train Afghan security forces with a goal to begin withdrawing troops in July 2011.