Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon December 7, 2009
Mullen to Discuss Afghan Strategy with Ft. Campbell Troops
Fort Campbell, KY – Many Fort Campbell soldiers have been expecting to head to Afghanistan next year, so the recent call for a troop buildup there could provide confirmation before the holidays.
Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Admiral Mike Mullen will discuss the new strategy for Afghanistan during a visit to the post today.
Three brigades already have orders to go, but other units have been waiting to hear their next destination. President Barack Obama last week said he wanted to send 30,000 more troops to train Afghan security forces with a goal to begin withdrawing troops in July 2011.