Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Wed February 1, 2012
Mudslinging Over Gambling Amendment
By Seth Helton
Murray, KY – Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear is accusing State Senate President David Williams of intimidations and threats against pro-gambling lawmakers. Beshear says Williams is attempting to slow efforts to put a constitutional amendment on the November ballot which could legalize casinos in Kentucky. Williams says the governor's remarks were "untruthful." The longtime political rivals faced each other in last year's gubernatorial election.