Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Fri May 10, 2013
MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
Murray State President Randy Dunn has been selected to be Youngstown State University's next president. The Youngstown State Board of Trustees authorized board Chair Sudershan Garg and Vice Chair John Jakubek to negotiate and execute an employment contract with Dunn. Garg emphasized that the appointment is not final until contract terms can be reached.
Murray State University's Board of Regents reaffirmed their decision against extending Dunn's contract in a meeting Friday. Also on Friday Dunn's alma mater, Illinois State University passed him over for its top job. Youngstown State claims more than 13,800 students. Murray State has nearly 11,000 students. Dunn's contract with Youngstown has yet to be developed. The newspaper reports Dunn hopes to be on campus YSU by July 15.
MSU Board of Regents Chair Constantine Curris said on Friday before the Youngstown announcement that he would discuss plans to select an interim president when appropriate.