Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Thu February 21, 2013
MSU Violin Professor Performs 54-Minute Elgar Concerto
Dr. Sue-Jean Park of the Murray State University Department of Music faculty, concert master of the Paducah and Jackson Symphony Orchestras, performs a 54 minute violin concerto twice in the next two weeks. Dr. Park learned the strenuous composition from Yale faculty member and famed American violinist Eric Friedman, who in turn had been taught the piece by the legendary Jascha Heifetz. We hear the violinist's remarkable story with Kate Lochte.
Hear Dr. Sue-Jean Park perform Edward Elgar's Violin Concerto in B Minor this Saturday at 7:30 p.m. in Performing Arts Hall, located on the second floor of the Doyle Fine Arts Building on campus. It is the only piece on the program because of its length. Dr. Meeyoun Park, visiting professor of piano at Murray State, is the accompanist. Sue-Jean Park debuts as soloist playing the Elgar concerto with the Germantown Symphony Orchestra on March 2 in Memphis.