Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Thu February 21, 2013
MSU Violin Professor Performs 54-Minute Elgar Concerto
Dr. Sue-Jean Park of the Murray State University Department of Music faculty, concert master of the Paducah and Jackson Symphony Orchestras, performs a 54 minute violin concerto twice in the next two weeks. Dr. Park learned the strenuous composition from Yale faculty member and famed American violinist Eric Friedman, who in turn had been taught the piece by the legendary Jascha Heifetz. We hear the violinist's remarkable story with Kate Lochte.
Hear Dr. Sue-Jean Park perform Edward Elgar's Violin Concerto in B Minor this Saturday at 7:30 p.m. in Performing Arts Hall, located on the second floor of the Doyle Fine Arts Building on campus. It is the only piece on the program because of its length. Dr. Meeyoun Park, visiting professor of piano at Murray State, is the accompanist. Sue-Jean Park debuts as soloist playing the Elgar concerto with the Germantown Symphony Orchestra on March 2 in Memphis.