Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Fri May 1, 2009
MSU Student Wins Defense Fellowship
By Carrie Pond
Murray, KY – Murray State physics and engineering student Eli Hooten joined others from prestigious universities such as Princeton, Cornell and Stanford when he was selected from a pool of thousands to win a coveted National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate fellowship. Hooten is the only MSU student in recent history to win the honor. Carrie Pond talks with the graduating senior about his research and how he plans to use it in the future.
Eli Hooten will receive the National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate fellowship, which funds science and engineering research that could prove to be of military importance. Hooten graduates during this year's Spring Commencement and heads to Vanderbilt University in the fall to pursue a PhD in Computer Science.