Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Fri May 1, 2009
MSU Student Wins Defense Fellowship
By Carrie Pond
Murray, KY – Murray State physics and engineering student Eli Hooten joined others from prestigious universities such as Princeton, Cornell and Stanford when he was selected from a pool of thousands to win a coveted National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate fellowship. Hooten is the only MSU student in recent history to win the honor. Carrie Pond talks with the graduating senior about his research and how he plans to use it in the future.
Eli Hooten will receive the National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate fellowship, which funds science and engineering research that could prove to be of military importance. Hooten graduates during this year's Spring Commencement and heads to Vanderbilt University in the fall to pursue a PhD in Computer Science.