Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Fri May 1, 2009
MSU Student Wins Defense Fellowship
By Carrie Pond
Murray, KY – Murray State physics and engineering student Eli Hooten joined others from prestigious universities such as Princeton, Cornell and Stanford when he was selected from a pool of thousands to win a coveted National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate fellowship. Hooten is the only MSU student in recent history to win the honor. Carrie Pond talks with the graduating senior about his research and how he plans to use it in the future.
Eli Hooten will receive the National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate fellowship, which funds science and engineering research that could prove to be of military importance. Hooten graduates during this year's Spring Commencement and heads to Vanderbilt University in the fall to pursue a PhD in Computer Science.