Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Tue August 26, 2014
MSU Ranked as One of Nation's Most Affordable Schools
Murray State University has taken a top spot in a national publication’s list of most affordable schools.
Washington Monthly’s tenth annual College Guide considers a campus’s graduation rate, percent of applications approved, student loan default rates and other factors.
The Guide’s “Best Bang for the Buck” rankings placed MSU at 17th among all colleges in the U.S.
A year of in-state tuition at Murray State costs about $7000, undercutting the state average by over $1200.
“This ranking speaks to our university mission that exemplifies our commitment to providing an exceptional educational experience at a tuition level, along with scholarships, that is affordable,” noted MSU President Bob Davies in a statement.
“Murray State offers a great value based on our excellent academic reputation, enabling a Murray State graduate to compete in the job market or attend the best graduate programs, all at a tuition that will not lead to a burdensome student debt level.”
The school also came in at 9th on the “Master’s Universities” subset of “Best Bang for the Buck” institutions. 386 universities filled out the list, with Murray State as the sole regional school that made the cut.