Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue August 26, 2014
MSU Ranked as One of Nation's Most Affordable Schools
Murray State University has taken a top spot in a national publication’s list of most affordable schools.
Washington Monthly’s tenth annual College Guide considers a campus’s graduation rate, percent of applications approved, student loan default rates and other factors.
The Guide’s “Best Bang for the Buck” rankings placed MSU at 17th among all colleges in the U.S.
A year of in-state tuition at Murray State costs about $7000, undercutting the state average by over $1200.
“This ranking speaks to our university mission that exemplifies our commitment to providing an exceptional educational experience at a tuition level, along with scholarships, that is affordable,” noted MSU President Bob Davies in a statement.
“Murray State offers a great value based on our excellent academic reputation, enabling a Murray State graduate to compete in the job market or attend the best graduate programs, all at a tuition that will not lead to a burdensome student debt level.”
The school also came in at 9th on the “Master’s Universities” subset of “Best Bang for the Buck” institutions. 386 universities filled out the list, with Murray State as the sole regional school that made the cut.