Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Fri February 8, 2013
MSU Presidential Contract Review Committee Now Planning Open Meeting
The Murray State University Board of Regents’ Ad-hoc Presidential Contract Review Committee will now meet in open session next week. Coordinator of Board Relations Jill Hunt confirms the committee will meet Wednesday afternoon at Norton Healthcare in Louisville, Kentucky.
Hunt says she will release the meeting agenda Monday. Board Chairman Constantine Curris and meeting minutes previously indicated the meeting would be closed. University President Randy Dunn had initially questioned the board’s decision, citing a Kentucky Attorney General opinion that indicated contract renewal discussions should be held in open session. The Board must act on Dunn’s contract by June 30. The president’s current contract ends in June 2014.