Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Tue November 13, 2012
MSU Paducah Campus Building Construction Could Begin Soon
Murray State University expects to officially award a building contract for the Paducah campus by the end of the week. A&K Construction of Paducah won the bid with a $8,066,200 total bid. MSU Facilities, Design and Construction Assistant Director David Brickeen says A&K will have one year from the contract approval date to complete the Paducah site.
The building will house Murray State’s Paducah satellite campus. The location is a partnership between the university, the Paducah Economic Development Council and local government. Brickeen says depending on weather conditions, foundation work could start in two weeks.