Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
Wed September 4, 2013
MSU Faculty Senate Meets With Presidential Search Firm
Murray State University’s Faculty Senate met with the presidential search firm yesterday to discuss what they think the university needs. The top faculty priorities were having a transparent communicator who would consider their concerns, a strong fundraiser and a president committed to diversity. Faculty Senate President Kevin Binfield says most faculty members fall into one of two divided groups.
"The two top priorities for a president that I’ve heard from faculty across the campus are a fundraiser and a traditional academic, somebody who has come up through the ranks, who will be friendly to faculty, who will listen to faculty," Binfield said. "It’s been a pretty profound split between those two."
He said those are not the only two concerns faculty have voiced though.
"I’ve been hearing three different things," he said. "One, what do you want in your next president? Frankly a lot of people said, I was surprised at the number of people who said Randy Dunn."
Witt Kieffer representatives will meet with major groups on campus throughout this week for this initial stage of the presidential search.