Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Fri November 2, 2012
MSU Expects New Basketball Facility to Open Next Year
Murray State University expects to complete construction on its new basketball practice facility early next year. During a donor recognition event and facility tour today Murray State Athletics Director Allen Ward says construction of the facility is expected to be finished by Jan. 1.
“It just gives us the chance to build on the success that we had last year, coming off with such a special year of 31 – 2,” he says. “All of these gifts are now going to finish a first-class facility that gives our basketball teams a place 24-7 to practice and to continue to improve their game.”
The 18,000-square-foot addition to the CFSB Center houses both coaching staffs and provides both the men’s and women’s basketball a first-class facility to practice anytime of day. It will also hold the Hall of Champions to showcase achievements from all Murray State sports.