Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Murray State Sports
Fri February 24, 2012
MSU Downs Tennessee State
The Murray State Racers avenged their only loss of the season last night, defeating the Tennessee State Tigers by 18 points. The Tigers ended Murray State’s bid for perfection earlier this month, upsetting the then number 9-ranked Racers at home. Murray State in turn used last night’s 80-62 win in front of a crowd of more than 10,000 in Nashville to end Tennessee State’s nine game winning streak. The Racers, now 27-1, have one game left at Tennessee Tech Saturday before beginning postseason play at the Ohio Valley Conference Tournament, where they could face the Tigers for a third time.
Here is the post game press conference with Coach Prohm:
In other OVC action:
Morehead State-75 Eastern Illinois -39
SIU Edwardsville-63 Eastern Kentucky-58
Austin Peay-85 Tennessee Martin -67
Jacksonville State-69 Southeast Missouri-59
In Women’s OVC action:
Murray State-87 Tennessee State-83,
Morehead State-59 Eastern Illinois-57,
SIU Edwardsville-66 Eastern Kentucky-55,
Southeast Missouri-54 Jacksonville State-47,
UT Martin-86 Austin Peay -62.