Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Fri January 25, 2013
MSU Bus Overturns Injuring Women's Track Team Members
A Murray State bus carrying the women’s track team overturned around 11 a.m. this morning on 1-69 in Indiana. Evansville Indiana State Police spokesperson Todd Ringle says the bus lost control because of icy conditions at mile marker 43 near the Gibson/Pike county line. The bus overturned injuring four students who were taken to Jasper Memorial Hospital for non-life threatening injuries.
The track team was on its way Bloomington for the Indiana Relays.
The ISP say the team members injured in the crash are:
• Katie Forsehy, 21, Murray State University, Murray, KY
• Tonia Pratt, 19, Murray State University, Murray, KY
• Abbie Oliver, 20, Murray State University, Murray, KY
• T.J. Wirth, 23, Murray State University, Murray, KY
Women's track coach Jennifer Severns was driving the bus, but wasn't injured in the accident.