Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri January 25, 2013
MSU Bus Overturns Injuring Women's Track Team Members
A Murray State bus carrying the women’s track team overturned around 11 a.m. this morning on 1-69 in Indiana. Evansville Indiana State Police spokesperson Todd Ringle says the bus lost control because of icy conditions at mile marker 43 near the Gibson/Pike county line. The bus overturned injuring four students who were taken to Jasper Memorial Hospital for non-life threatening injuries.
The track team was on its way Bloomington for the Indiana Relays.
The ISP say the team members injured in the crash are:
• Katie Forsehy, 21, Murray State University, Murray, KY
• Tonia Pratt, 19, Murray State University, Murray, KY
• Abbie Oliver, 20, Murray State University, Murray, KY
• T.J. Wirth, 23, Murray State University, Murray, KY
Women's track coach Jennifer Severns was driving the bus, but wasn't injured in the accident.