Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Fri September 7, 2012
MSU Board of Regents Updates On-Campus Weapons Policy
The Murray State University Board of Regents has approved changes to its on-campus weapons policy. The board made the revision today at its quarterly meeting. The new rule states that while weapons may not be carried on campus, they may be kept locked inside vehicles.
University law enforcement is exempt from the rule. The Kentucky Supreme Court ruled in April that while state universities can regulate weapons on campus, they can’t control weapons inside personal vehicles. The case followed an incident at the University of Kentucky. The next Board of Regents meeting is Dec. 14.