Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri April 27, 2012
MSU Board of Regents Sets Tuition
Tuition at Murray State will increase by 4% for the next academic year. The increase amounts to around $130 per semester. The MSU Board of Regents voted against the administration's 3% recommendation. President Randy Dunn says the impetus behind his suggestion was to keep cost low for students while the university looks for ways to rethink financial planning with declining state support. The board voted to up tuition by an additional percentage point to lessen the impact on the university's reserves. With the additional tuition revenue, MSU will still need to fill a nearly $2.4 million dollar gap with reserves.