Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu June 6, 2013
MSU Board of Regents, Search Committee to Meet Friday
The Murray State University Board of Regents will meet on campus Friday to appoint an interim president and begin the search for new one.
The meeting comes on the heels of a vote not to renew President Randy Dunn’s contract. The Kentucky Attorney General deemed a private gathering before the meeting illegal in March. Later, in May, the Board re-voted not to renew the contract.
Board Chair Constantine Curris announced late last month that he would nominate Executive Director of the MSU Foundation Tim Miller at Friday’s meeting.
Regents will also appoint an interim vice president for Finance and Administrative Services after Tom Denton announced his retirement at in May.
Board members will also consider the university’s 2014 budget. MSU undertook a historic review of campus finances last semester. The President’s Office organized several budget review teams to recommend areas where the university could save money. Regents approved several of those recommendations in the spring.
After meeting, the eight-member Presidential Search Committee will have its first organizational meeting. The committee will review procedures and set up a timetable for replacing Dunn.